World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 3.5
June 20 – 22, 2019
World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 4.0
July 29 – August 1, 2021
WCTC3.5 Steering Committee:
Rocco Bellatone, Co-Chair
Celestino Lombardi, Co-Chair
Gregory W. Randolph, MD
Bryan McIver, MD
Jeremy Freeman, MD
Ian J. Witterick, MD
Ashok R. Shaha, MD
Jatin P. Shah, MD
- Andrea Ortensi's presentations
Prof. Andrea Ortensi graduated at the University of Rome in 1972. He Specialized in General Surgery in 1977 in the same University. In 1981 he Specialized in Urology. In 1983 he became Teacher for the Doctorate of Research on Microsurgery,and since 1990 he has been Teacher and Professor in “Microvascular Surgery”,in Rome University. Since 1997, he is Teacher and Professor in “Endocrine surgery” and “Emergency Surgery”, Medicine Faculty,”Sapienza”Rome University.
In Clinical Field he performed many thousand surgical Procedures and especially more than 5.000 Procedures in Reconstructive Microsurgery. Some of these were performed in Italy for the first time by Ortensi .
His scientific work is based on over 200 manuscripts published in Italy and abroad based essentially on experimental and Clinical Reconstructive microsurgery. He has been the author of several publications and communications in the most important Congresses and Symposium in MIcrosurgery ,in ITaly,Europe,World. (194,26 in the world)
He is a Member of Italian Society of Surgery,Italian Society of Microsurgery,Groupe pour l’avancement de la Microchirurgie, International Society of Microsurgery;he also member of Brazilian Society of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
He has been organizer in different activities regarding Microsurgery :
- Coordinator of training Course in Microsurgery -Rome,1980
- Scientific Secretary of Congress of Ital.Soc.of Microsurgery -Rome,1982
- Coordinator of Training Course of Microsurgery within Italian Plastic Surgery Congress -Rome,1991
- Delegate in Rome for First Meeting of Europen Federation of Microsurgical Soc.-Rome,1992
- Coordinator 7th Training Course in Reconstructive microsurgery – Rome 2000
- President 19th Italian Congress Microsurgery Italian Society – Rome 2002 SIM
- President Training Course “Microsurgery in Thyroid surgery”(Roma,2011)
- Since 2000 he was President of Italian Microsurgery Society.
- Since 2002 he was Past President of I.M.S. Since 2002 he is Founder of European Microsurgical Research and Training Association EMTRA
- Since 2004 he is Chief of Microsurgical Unit ,”Fabia Mater”Hospital
- Since 2004 in the Microsurgery Unit Started an THYROID Surgical Team direct by Prof Ortensi
- Since 2000 he was dedicated to Thyroid Microsurgery, Surgical Andrology ,by loopes, Operator Microscope.
- Since 2013 He invented a Prototype Head-mounted Video Camera for Surgery and microsurgery, dedicated to Thyroid Surgery, Surgical Andrology and as well.
- Since 2015 he is Counsellor of Italian Endocrine Surgery Units, Directory Committee, “Club delle U.E.C.”, Past Delegate of Technological Innovation.
- Since 2015 the Microsurgical Unit “Fabia Mater “ Hospital, is Thyroid Surgery Authorized Center, Italian Endocrine Surgery Units, U.E.C. Club