World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 3.5
June 20 – 22, 2019
World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 4.0
July 29 – August 1, 2021
WCTC3.5 Steering Committee:
Rocco Bellatone, Co-Chair
Celestino Lombardi, Co-Chair
Gregory W. Randolph, MD
Bryan McIver, MD
Jeremy Freeman, MD
Ian J. Witterick, MD
Ashok R. Shaha, MD
Jatin P. Shah, MD
Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
The World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 3.5 is currently calling for abstracts to be submitted for the following categories: oral, poster and video presentation.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstract submission opens August 1, 2018
- Abstract submission is available online only. Browser: for best results we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your abstract. Click here to access the online abstract submission system and submission instructions.
- Abstracts must contain original material, not published or presented at any other international meeting prior to the World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 3.5.
- Only abstracts in English will be accepted.
- One main topic per submission is required. Sub-topics will be available.
- Supplementary files: Text only (word or PDF). Upload of graphics, tables, images, etc. will not be available.
- The total length of the abstract (Background /Purpose, Methods, Results, Discussion & Conclusion) should not exceed 250 words. Structured abstracts of 250 words or less are required for each submission.
- A maximum of two presenters will be allowed per submission.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Early submissions – January 14, 2019
Late breaking submissions – March 4, 2019
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
- Early submissions - Presenters will be notified by March 4, 2019 to confirm if their abstract has been accepted or declined. Further details will be requested from those that are accepted. Presenters to confirm acceptance to present by March 11, 2019.
- Late breaking submissions - Presenters will be notified by April 15, 2019 to confirm if their abstract has been accepted or declined. Further details will be requested from those accepted. Presenters to confirm acceptance to present by April, 22, 2019.
All submissions will be reviewed for quality, relevance and merit.Authors of all selected abstracts will have their abstract published on the conference website up to two weeks before the conference.
International applicants needing to apply for a visa are strongly encouraged to submit their abstracts by January 14, 2019 (4:00 pm EST) (early submissions deadline), in order to guarantee a timely acceptance notice (if applicable) by March 4, 2019 (subject to change).
Note that visa applications may take 60 to 90 (or longer) days to process. Applicants requiring the acceptance notice earlier than March 4, 2019, please contact the conference secretariat at email@example.com or call +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6003 (direct line).
Do you need a Visa to visit Italy? Click here - Information for foreigners intending to visit Italy.
Abstracts can be submitted under the following themes/ categories:Anaplastic Thyroid CancerBiomarkers and Basic SciencesChemotherapy / TKI and ImmunotherapyComplications of Thyroid Surgery /TreatmentCytopathologyDifferentiated Thyroid CancerEtiology / PathologyFollow up / Surveillance/ ImagingInnovative technologyMedullary Thyroid CancerPediatric Thyroid CancerPreoperative EvaluationRadioiodine TherapySurgery of Thyroid or Lymph NodesThyroid Nodule EvaluationRadiation TherapyEpidemiologyQuality of LifeEthicsOther
Abstracts can be submitted for presentation in one of the following formats:
1) ORAL PRESENTATION
Because of the severe time constraints of the Congress, only a small number of selected Oral Presentation slots will be available. Presenting authors will be informed and offered an alternative presentation category (e.g. poster) if their abstract is not selected for oral presentation. All oral presentations will have a scheduled day and time, which will be shared with the presenting authors once the program has been finalized. Oral presentations will consist of an 8-minute presentation with 6 minutes discussion between every 3 presentations.
2) ePOSTER PRESENTATION (electronic posters)
There will be several ePoster viewing sessions throughout the duration of the Congress. Each poster will have a specified time during which the judges will review the presentation. Please be sure that that the presenting author is present at the poster for the judging process during these times. Be prepared to provide a 5 minute oral summary of your poster, followed by a 3 minute review and discussion.
ePoster submission guidelines:
Upon confirmation of ePoster presentation by the corresponding author(s), the ePoster template, link and upload instructions will be provided.
3) VIDEO PRESENTATION
Presentations of videos will be followed by a short discussion. The film duration should not exceed 7 minutes. This will be followed by 5 minutes of facilitated discussion. The author should be present to narrate (in clear English).
Video submission guidelines:
Format - Video files can be up to 2GB (high definition quality) and in any format.
Video Length - It is your responsibility to prepare your presentation to fit within the allowed time frame of 7 minutes for video presentations before a panel of experts, which will be followed by a 5-minute review and discussion. It is important to keep to the allotted time – for logistical reasons, as well as out of respect for co-presenters. Time keeping will be strict.
Video Submission – Upon acceptance of your abstract, you will be provided with a link to upload your video. However, you are encouraged to submit a clip/ preview of your video with your abstract submission. WMV files only (up 50 Mb).
All presentations will be adjudicated and a non-monetary award will be granted to 3 best presentations in each category (oral, poster and video). More details will be available soon.
ABSTRACT & VIDEO PUBLICATION
- Authors of all selected abstracts will have their abstract posted on the conference website up to two weeks prior to the conference.
- The top abstracts will be invited to publish a paper with the Thyroid Journal or with the Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology. (TBC)
- The top videos will be will be invited to publish with the Video Endocrinology (VE). (TBC)
More details will be available soon.
KEY DATES / DEADLINES
Abstract submission close:
• Early submissions - January 14, 2019
• Late breaking submissions - March 4, 2019
Acceptance/ rejection notices sent by:
• Early submissions - March 4, 2019
• Late breaking submissions - April 15, 2019
Final agenda (ePosters, Oral and Video presentations) sent to presenters by May 6, 2019.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
For queries regarding abstract submission, please contact:
T: +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6004 (direct line)