ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
Thank you to all those who submitted abstracts!
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts can be submitted under the following themes
Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer
Biomarkers and Basic Sciences
Chemotherapy / TKI and Immunotherapy
Complications of Thyroid Surgery /Treatment
Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
Etiology / Pathology
Follow up / Surveillance/ Imaging
Medullary Thyroid Cancer
Pediatric Thyroid Cancer
Surgery of Thyroid or Lymph Nodes
Thyroid Nodule Evaluation
Quality of Life
- Abstract submissions are available online only. Browser: for best results we strongly recommend using Chrome or Firefox when submitting your abstract. Do not use Internet Explorer unless you have to;
- Abstracts must contain original material, not published or presented at any other international meeting prior to the 3rd World Congress on Thyroid Cancer 2017;
- Only abstracts in English will be accepted;
- Presentation formats: oral, poster, or video;
- Only one main theme will be allowed per submission, and up to two sub-topics;
- Structured abstracts of 250 words or less are required for each submission. Mandatory headings are: Title, Authors, Background /Purpose, Methods, Results, Discussion & Conclusion, References;
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 250 words. Word limit applies to the Background /Purpose, Methods, Results, Discussion & Conclusion Title, Authors and References are not included in the word count. You may copy and paste abstract content (text only) directly to the online form;
- Only abstracts that are complete and in accordance with headings provided will be considered for review;
- Supplementary files: only available for video presentation submissions – WMV files only (up to 50MB). Upload of text files, PDFs, graphics, tables, images, etc. will not be available.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINES
– February 27, 2017 (4:00 pm EST)
Late breaking submissions
– May 8, 2017 (4:00 pm EST)
ABSTRACT REVIEW & JUDGING
Abstracts will be reviewed and scored by a panel of international judges prior to the conference.
Accepted abstracts will be presented at the 3rd
World Congress on Thyroid Cancer as Video, Oral OR ePoster presentations.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Early submissions –
Presenters will be notified by March 27, 2017 to confirm if their abstract has been accepted or declined. Further details will be requested from those that are accepted.
Late breaking submissions
– Presenters will be notified by June 5, 2017 to confirm if their abstract has been accepted or declined. Further details will be requested from those that are accepted.
All submissions will be reviewed for quality, relevance and merit.
Authors of all selected abstracts will have their abstract published on the conference website, before the conference.
International applicants needing to apply for a visa are strongly encouraged to submit their abstracts by February 27, 2017 (4:00 pm EST)
(early submissions deadline), in order to guarantee a timely acceptance notice (if applicable) by March 31, 2017 (subject to change)
Note that visa applications may take 60 to 90 (or longer) days to process. Applicants requiring the acceptance notice earlier than March 27, 2017, please contact the conference secretariat at email@example.com
or call +1.519.263.5050
Because of the severe time constraints of the Congress, only a small number of selected Oral Presentation slots will be available. Presenting authors will be informed and offered an alternative presentation category (e.g. poster) if their abstract is not selected for oral presentation. All oral presentations will have a scheduled day and time, which will be shared with the presenting authors once the program has been finalized. Oral presentations will consist of a 8-minute presentation with 6 minutes discussion between every 3 presentations.
ELECTRONIC POSTER (ePOSTER) PRESENTATION
There will be 16 ePoster sessions at the Congress. Each ePoster will have a specified presentation time, and all ePoster sessions will be moderated. Please be sure that the presenting author is present at the poster. Be prepared to provide a 5 minute oral summary of your poster, followed by a 2 minute review and discussion.
has been mandated to manage and provide technical assistance with the ePoster development and upload.
ePoster presentations will be to be available on touch screen stations at the congress in the exhibit hall, App (details will be provided soon), as well as online following the congress, subject to the author(s) approval.
ePoster presenters will be provided with an ePoster template and upload instructions by Multieposter by May 1, 2017 for early submissions, and by June 23 for late breaking submissions.
The following is required for the ePoster submission:
ePoster Presentation Length
- ePoster template (sent to ePoster presenters by MULTIEPOSTER)
- Logo of institution affiliated with the ePoster, abstract, list of authors, acknowledgements (if applicable) and contact information.
- Be sure to proofread and edit your abstract for correct punctuation, grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and clarity.
– It is your responsibility to prepare your presentation to fit within the allowed time frame of 5 minutes for followed by a 2-minute review and discussion. It is important to keep to the allotted time – for logistical reasons, as well as out of respect for co-presenters. Time keeping will be strict.
Presentations of videos will be followed by a short discussion. The video duration should not exceed 7 minutes. This will be followed by 3 minutes of facilitated discussion. The author should be present to narrate (in clear English).
has been mandated to manage and provide technical assistance with the video development and upload.
Video presentations will be to be available on touch screen stations at the congress in the exhibit hall, App (details will be provided soon), as well as online following the congress, subject to the author(s) approval.
Video presenters will be provided with a video template and video upload instructions by Multieposter by May 1, 2017 for early submissions, and by June 23 for late breaking submissions.
The following is required for the video submission:
- Video template (sent to video presenters by MULTIEPOSTER)
- Logo of institution affiliated with the video, video title, list of authors, a short video summary/ description;
- Video file up to 1GB (high definition quality) and in any format. Video duration cannot exceed 7 minutes.
– It is your responsibility to prepare your presentation to fit within the allowed time frame of 7 minutes for video presentations before a panel of experts, which will be followed by a 5-minute review and discussion. It is important to keep to the allotted time – for logistical reasons, as well as out of respect for co-presenters. Time keeping will be strict.
All abstracts have been reviewed and scored by a panel of international judges prior to the conference, and an award will be granted to 3 best presentations in each category (Video, Oral, and ePoster).
Awards will be presented at the Congress Banquet, Saturday, July 29, 2017, 7:30 – 10:00 pm.
For queries regarding abstract submission, please contact:
3rd World Congress on Thyroid Cancer
Phone: 1.888.527.3434 / +1.519.263.5050 / +1.519.263.6003 (direct line)