Dr. Steward is a Professor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and Director of Parathyroid / Thyroid Surgery. He joined the department in July, 1999. Dr. Steward received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University in 1989 and his Medical Degree, General Surgery and Otolaryngology residency training at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (1994, 1995 and 1999 respectively). He currently serves as Director of Clinical Trials for the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center and Director of Head and Neck Surgery. His primary interest is in Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery, Sleep Apnea and General Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology, the American Thyroid Association, American College of Surgeons, the Endocrine Society and the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
David Steward's presentations
- AHNS Endocrine Section Program
- Robert Sofferman, MD – Memorial Advanced Thyroid Ultrasound Course
- Panel Session 1 – Evaluation and Management of Thyroid Nodules: Integrating Imaging, Cytology and Molecular Markers
- IC2 – ATA Guidelines on Surgical Management of Thyroid Cancer: Thyroid and nodes
- MTP13 - Imaging in Thyroid Cancer Beyond the Ultrasound: Pearls and Pitfalls in Application to Clinical Practice (US, CT, dopa, 124I, FDG PET, SPECT/CT)